Friday, April 23, 2010

Art from Books

One of the more frugal ways to showcase art in your home at a fraction of the cost is from books. Obviously, you won't have large poster sized art but you will receive multiple smaller pieces.

I adore old school letterpress prints. Hatch Show Print rocks my world. But their prints come with a price tag.

So I took the book and found various frames and started cutting.



This one is my favorite spread. It says "freaks" - and you'll notice my lovely assistant's foot.




I had a large space on the wall of my stairs that needed to be filled. So I filled it.





Note to self: buy new light for the stairs. Sheesh its dark.


I did have to spray paint one of my frames. Unfortunately, I only had gloss paint. I need to redo. However, if you know me, it will most likely stay just as it is above for many many months.


I'm sharing this post with: Finding Fabulous, Fingerprints on the Frige, Funky Junk Interiors

5 comments:

Jen said...

Im visiting from NFF!
The pics from books is a really great idea..now Im trying to figure out where I can use that in my house..and I have to find a book..Geesh! You have lots of great projects..think Im gonna be a follower!
Jen @ pineyflatsstyle.blogspot.com

extreme personal measures said...

Following from The Creative Girl's New Friend Friday.

Stop by and enter a giveaway for a Rachael Ray Bakeware set:
http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/2010/04/do-you-know-about-family-of-csn-stores.html

Unknown said...

i love what you profile say. HAHAHA you are awesome!
Great job on those picture book frames. Love it.
Happy new friend Friday!
Following you and would LOVE if you follow me back!
A plus
Frenchy

Twee Poppets said...

Stopping by from New Friend Friday. I'm following you now! Hope you can stop by and follow me, too. :)

http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/tweepoppets

By the way, I'm starting a NEW BLOG HOP!!! It's called Tuesday Tag-Along, and it premieres this coming Tuesday! I hope you'll be there to join in the fun!

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

Those are some cool pics...and I love the pencil painting!